POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Black Hole Research : Re: Black Hole Research Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black Hole Research
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 8 May 2007 09:20:01
Message: <web.4640785a7bdc3175731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Nice images, and a good healthy discussion of astrophysics! I like the later
versions of the image better, the lighting looks more believable with the
'overexposed' look.

It might be worth pointing out that there's probably no point in discussing
the finer points of gravitational lensing and relativistic light-shifting
too much; anything which got that close to a real black hole or neutron
star would likely be torn apart by tidal forces, unless it were able to
'hover' over it (which would require a hell of a lot of thrust).

Nice spacecraft - is it just a section, or do you have a whole ship
modelled? Looks a lot like the spine sections on my 'Discovery' model.

Bill